Experiences with a lot of players?

General conversations about the game, where spoilers may be listed.

Experiences with a lot of players?

Post by Svovl »

My impression is that most people here play Ruins & Riches as a single-player game or with a group of a few friends.
Has anyone tried running a standard Ruins & Riches world with a lot of players? How's the experience of that?
@ldb1925 it seems from your posts that your server is quite populated.

Re: Experiences with a lot of players?

Post by ldb1925 »

There's not a lot of people on my side. Just a few old Odyssey players, no more than 10.
Because I AM NOT HERE IN English AS a NATIVE PLACE, Odyssey AS A PUZZLE ADVENTURE game, without a certain English foundation, certainly can not play, SO I PLAY here is not a lot of people. It's just that they are all veteran players, so they always find something wrong.
I was able to do some translation with the machine, but if the translation went wrong and the player couldn't see the original, most of the puzzle would probably not work. So I only translated the commonly used panels, HELP, info, and previously observed properties, and even if something went wrong, the player would understand what it meant.
In general, if Odyssey runs as an online game, we test down, is no problem at all. I have up to 50 people online at the same time, no problem at all. And occupy server and bandwidth resources are very small.
Modern people have been taken over by the kimchi game. Odyssey, with its thoughtful depth and content, is unlikely to have a large audience. We may be the last of the watchers.
Thanks again to the author for his selfless efforts.

Post by Svovl »

Do you run into any issues when having 50 players online that players are having difficulties in completing quests because other players have killed all monsters in a dungeon, etc.?

Post by ldb1925 »

Most people don't play the game very well, especially if they're not familiar with the task flow. It is usually done under the leadership of an old player. At this point, I don't see a situation where the task can't be accomplished. Because there will always be a refresh or a reboot after a period. I usually restart the server once a week.

In addition, I did not advertise my game server to prevent unnecessary attacks from happening. All THE PLAYERS ARE UO PLAYERS WHO HAVE played for many years, so there are no restrictions on the game registration. So I don't know about safety. I haven't had a hitch yet.