Game Sessions

Talking about the Talisman board games.
Site Admin

Game Sessions

Post by Djeryv »

The link below is to the current games in progress, as well as the winners of completed games:

CURRENT GAMES AND WINNERS

Re: Session: Valley of Fire

Post by ExodusDoom »

What is this? Is this board game in real time?
Site Admin

Post by Djeryv »

ExodusDoom wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:06 am What is this? Is this board game in real time?
You are seeing it play out on a website I developed years ago to play board games on. It is just a turn-by-turn system where we take turns at our convenience and then it emails the next player that it is their turn. Very casual.

Post by ExodusDoom »

So do you play the game right on the web page? Do you move cards around on it? Just trying to understand.
Site Admin

Post by Djeryv »

ExodusDoom wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:46 pm So do you play the game right on the web page? Do you move cards around on it? Just trying to understand.
When it is the player's turn, they can move cards and pieces around the web page. There are areas to discard and flip cards over. If you notice my Leprechaun character, there is a special graphic where I put my spell cards. This area lets me see them as PLAYER 1, but everyone else just sees the card back because these cards are allowed to remain hidden to others. There is a dice rolling app on this game board screen...which lets us obviously roll dice. As we do things on this page, you see the log of events taking place so the players can always go back and look...especially to see the combat rolls, etc.

Post by ExodusDoom »

Pretty cool.